WC Import Export plugin installation requires the plugin zip file. Using this zip file, any of the given two strategies can be followed to complete the installation.
Installation through Worpress Admin:
- Go to Plugins – Add New
- On top of the page, click “Upload Plugin” button
- If you have a plugin in a .zip format, click on “Choose File” button
- Select the ZIP file from your computer
- Click “Install Now” button
- Wait for a few seconds for WordPress to complete the installation
Installation via FTP upload:
In some cases, upload permission is not given by the hosting provider. In that case, you can use this method provided you have the FTP access to your website.
- Open the FTP connection to your website
- Navigate to your wordpress folder (usually found in “www” or “public_html” folder)
- Open wp-content/plugins in the FTP explorer
- Unzip your new plugin there (you should find one new folder named after the plugin)
- Log in to the WordPress admin dashboard
- Go to Plugins – Installed Plugins
- Find the new item on the list
- Click the “Activate” button
On successful installation of the plugin, a new menu shall appear in the left navigation window titled “WC Import Export”. Now you can easily access the plugin using this menu.